Need to recruit, train, or retain skilled workers?
Visit CareerOneStop’s Business Center for online tools, labor market information, links to state resources and local services, and tips and information to help you grow your business.
Finding and keeping the right employees is critical for business success. For many new and small businesses, this process can be daunting. CareerOneStop’s Business Center provides online tools and resources to make it easier.
The Business Center provides quick access to online resources for employers looking to recruit, train and retain skilled workers. Employers can find information on writing effective job descriptions and find tips for interviewing candidates. They can also locate local skills training programs, look up salary information and employment projections, and link to any state resources available for hiring workers. The site also includes tips about how to recruit qualified candidates through local American Job Centers.
You’ll also find several easy-to-use tools on the Business Center website:
American Job Center Finder: Locate an American Job Center near you for help with recruiting, training, and retaining employees.
- Available Workforce: Build a profile of the workforce in your local, state, or national area with data on employment, wages, unemployment rates, education and training programs, and demographics.
- Civilian-to-Military Occupation Translator: Find military occupations with experience and skills that match your civilian positions.
- Compare Occupations: Inform hiring and training decisions by comparing skills, salaries, and training for any two occupations.
- Find Certifications: Identify current industry- or occupation-specific certifications for employee development, defining position requirements, and identifying potential candidates.
- Find Local Training schools and programs: Locate local training programs and institutions to recruit qualified candidates or train current employees.
- Find Professional Associations: Locate industry and professional associations to help you recruit candidates, provide professional development opportunities for your employees, and stay current with industry developments.
- Find State Resources for Businesses: Connect to state resources on tax incentives, business development, training sources, employment laws, policies, recruiting, and more.
- Job Description Writer: Create job descriptions for hiring or conducting reviews of existing positions, staff, and organizational structure.
Once you’ve visited CareerOneStop’s Business Center, leave a comment with your feedback below.