Have a criminal record or know someone whose record may be holding them back from employment opportunities?
You may want to check out CareerOneStop’s Job Search Help for Ex-Offenders.
This website is for anyone with a criminal record—including people recently released from prison, people on probation, or people who have a criminal record from many years ago. There’s also a wealth of information for counselors and others who work with individuals with criminal records.
You’ll find resources divided into four major sections.
See Find State Resources for help with basic needs or getting ready to job search including:
- Basic needs like housing, food support and medical care
- Finding legal assistance
- Getting a driver’s license and your vital records
- Finding training and employment
Visit Explore Careers to learn more about the type of work that’s right for you. Check out:
- How skills and interests match up to jobs
- Work restrictions that apply for certain convictions
- How to set career goals
Explore Get Training to learn about improving skills or going back to school:
- Basic skills training like math, English and computer use
- Getting a GED
- Short-term training programs
- Paying for training or college
Go to Find a Job section to search and apply for jobs and discover:
- Tips for job applications, resumes, and references
- A Job Search tool to search local openings
- How to talk about your conviction in interviews
Hope you enjoy this website. Please leave a comment below to tell us what you think.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.