Military spouse? Find career and job search help here

Married to a military service member? Learn about a variety of helpful resources for military spouses to find employment, education, and training resources, along with other benefits and assistance.

U.S. Department of Labor Resources

Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor, CareerOneStop offers resources for career exploration, education and training, job search, and finder tools for local employment help.

  • Take career assessments to better understand your interests, skills, work values and priorities for a good job fit.
  • Find education and training information and options, search for scholarships and other ways to pay for training.
  • Search for jobs anywhere in the U.S. on the Job Finder, with thousands of postings updated daily, from authenticated sources. It includes a remote jobs filter to identify jobs with hybrid or full-time remote work locations.

American Job Centers
Nearly 2,400 AJCs nationwide help people search for jobs, find training, and answer other employment related questions. Services include career consultations, job search help, job search support groups and networking groups, resume and interview workshops, computer access, and more.

If you’re a military spouse who lost your job or are underemployed due to your spouse’s relocation, you may be eligible for dislocated worker funding; ask a representative at your local American Job Center.

Military One Source

Military OneSource offers Employment Resources for Military Spouses, Training and Support, Moving Resources and much more. Some of their special programs for military spouses are detailed below.  

  • Military Spouse Interstate License Recognition Options
    It is the U.S. Department of Labor policy to reduce employment barriers and enhance career opportunities for military spouses. Generally speaking, licenses are state-specific and each state has their own licensing requirements. That doesn’t mean you’ll have to start the education and licensing process from scratch. Some states offer “license reciprocity” which means that if you already hold an active license in one U.S. state, you can apply for a license in your new state without taking all of the state-required pre-licensing courses. Find out whether your license may be recognized in different states.
    Transition Employment Assistance for Military Spouses and Caregivers is a series of Department of Labor employment workshops that extend the Transition Assistance Program to assist military spouses and caregivers as they plan and prepare for their job search. All TEAMS workshops are instructor-led virtual training, provided at a variety of times, to meet the needs of individuals stationed throughout the world.
  • Military Spouse Employment Partnership Career Center.
    This is an employment and career partnership, connecting military spouses with hundreds of partner employers who have committed to recruit, hire, promote and retain military spouses. MSEP currently has more than 540 partners, who have hired over 220,000 military spouses.
  • MySECO
    The Department of Defense Spouse Education and Career Opportunities program provides education and career guidance to military spouses worldwide and offers comprehensive resources and tools for all stages of your career progression. You can learn about different occupations you may be considering, locate training programs in your area, search for education scholarships, and find job openings in your field. They offer an online career coaching service as well.
  • MyCAA Scholarship
    The My Career Advancement Account Scholarship is a workforce development program that provides up to $4000 in financial assistance to eligible military spouses for the pursuit or maintenance of an occupational license, certification, or associate’s degree needed to gain employment in an occupation.

Leave a Reply