Ready to ramp up your job search in the new year?
This week is a great week to set some resolutions for your job search. Research shows that when you set goals, create a job search plan, and track your actions and progress, you’re more likely to land a job that’s right for you.
You can get started by reviewing the suggested activities below. Consider which ones would fit your own situation the best, and make a weekly or daily schedule detailing what you plan to accomplish.
Get help with your job search
- Find and contact your local American Job Center to talk with a counselor and learn what resources are available to help in your search.
- Take assessments to identify your skills, interests, values, or other traits.
- Prepare your resume.
- Get in touch with your networking contacts.
- Attend support groups and job clubs in your area.
- Attend job search training sessions or related training.
Explore career options
- Set up informational interviews.
- Talk with someone every day about your job search.
- Read professional journals and other career resources.
- Research potential employers.
Search for jobs
Want more guidance?
Try the How-to Guide: Find a job now for in-depth steps for your job search.