CareerOneStop’s newest How-to Guide provides a straightforward roadmap to one of the toughest career experiences: losing a job. While most people who get laid off have many options including unemployment benefits and re-employment resources, the overall experience can leave them feeling overwhelmed and paralyzed.
- Apply for unemployment benefits. Find out if you may be eligible, and apply for unemployment benefits.
- Connect with your local job center. Learn about available job search assistance and reemployment training funds.
- Find more benefits and assistance. Find local resources for financial help and other assistance.
- Create your job search plan. Set up a personal plan to guide your daily activities.
- Stay on track. Maintain your focus on your job search and unemployment benefit requirements.
How to recover after a layoff provides five simple steps to help people apply for unemployment benefits, learn about special resources available to laid-off workers, and plan their next job search:
Check out other CareerOneStop How-to Guides
CareerOneStop offers three more How-to Guides that provide guided pathways through CareerOneStop resources to help you achieve your goal.
How to find career ideas
Wondering what type of job would fit you best? This guide will help you learn about your interests, skills, and work values, gather information about different careers, and narrow your career list to the best options for you.
How to find a job now
Need to focus on your job search? Follow the steps in this guide to find employment. You’ll target your resume, find openings, look up local employers, apply for jobs, and more.
How to switch careers
Looking for a new career that builds on your experience? One that offers more pay, new challenges, or better working conditions? This guide can help you identify a new career focus and get ready to search for jobs in your new field.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.