Your resume communicates your qualifications and your brand—who you are and what makes you different—to employers and recruiters. In a tough job market, you need a resume that helps you stand out in a sea of applicants.
A great resume:
- Grabs the attention of employers and recruiters
- Sells your strongest skills and accomplishments
- Shows why you’re a potential match for a position or project
- Communicates both your current capabilities and future potential
- Helps you take the next step in your career
- And most importantly, gets you the interview!
Ready to get started? Visit CareerOneStop’s Resume Guide to find:
- A step-by-step plan for what to include in your resume
- Tips for writing, formatting, and polishing
- Sample resumes from a variety of job seekers
- Ways to market your resume and get it into the right hands
- How to make the most of the Internet and tools like LinkedIn and Facebook
- Answers to the most frequently asked resume questions
Once you’ve checked out the Resume Guide, come back and leave a comment below. What do you think makes a great resume?